The Student Volunteer Army recognises the importance of your privacy and how vital it is that we protect your personal information at all times.
Our commitment to you is that when you share any personal information with the Student Volunteer Army then it will only be used in line with this policy.
Personal information collected
You will only ever need to provide the Student Volunteer Army with your personal information when you directly register with the Student Volunteer Army Service Awards platform, attend a Student Volunteer Army event, subscribe to our publications or otherwise communicate and correspond with us.
You will then be asked to provide us with some or all of the following information:
• e-mail address
• birth date
• cell/landline phone number
• school that you attend and year level
• any significant health issues that we should be aware of for your safety
How we could then use this information
Once collected, the Student Volunteer Army to will only use this personal information to:
• register your membership with the Student Volunteer Army Service Awards
• verify your identity
• communicate with you electronically (text or e-mail) about future events and/or club activities (NB: You will only receive e-mails from us if you opt-in to receive them and you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each e-mail)
• collate information on the volunteering that you do with us
• ensure your safety at all Student Volunteer Army events
• respond to communications from you
• conduct surveys and research to produce statistical reports relating to the demographics of all our members so that we can then improve the services and products that we provide to you
• protect and/or enforce your legal rights and interests
The Student Volunteer Army will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity for which your data was originally collected. Once we no longer require your personal information we will then, subject to any legal obligations and responsibilities, take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information.
Do you have to provide your personal data?
No. Providing your personal data to the Student Volunteer Army is completely voluntary, however, in some circumstances if you do not provide us with this information then the Student Volunteer Army may not be able to fulfill your expectations, keep you up to date with news and events, provide you with subscription materials and e-newsletters or ensure that our website works properly for you.
Disclosing your personal information
The Student Volunteer Army will not pass on your personal information on to a third party unless:
- consent that we can communicate with this third party, including but not limited to, people we work with or who provide us with goods/services such as School Kit Ltd
- it is required to by law
- it is another person authorized by you directly
Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
You have the right to access and/or request a correction to the personal information we hold on you if you believe that it could be inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your e-mail should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We guarantee that we will respond to all legitimate requests within 1 month, although it might take us up to 3 months if your request is particularly complicated.
This correction will be carried out free of any charge
We do however reserve the right to charge you reasonable costs if you request multiple copies of your personal information. We will however let you know of any charges before completing your request.
Protecting your personal information
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The Student Volunteer Army will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information, in both document and electronic forms, is kept safe from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, if you provide us with personal information over the Internet, then this will be at your own risk.
Changes to the policy
The Student Volunteer Army is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy questions or complaints that you might have.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner's website.